30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know

1. The illness I live with is: Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Angioedema 
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2013
3. But I had symptoms since: 
2013
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: always being aware of potential triggers and carrying my epipens wherever I go
5. Most people assume: that I've just gained a bunch of weight 
6. The hardest part about mornings are: trying on many different pants/shirts to see what fits based on daily swelling
7. My favorite medical TV show is: House
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my iPhone 
9. The hardest part about nights are: reactions, they happen more often at night
10. Each day I take 22 pills & vitamins. (No comments, please) twenty-two!
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: have gone gluten-free, juiced, and done an elimination diet 
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: neither
13. Regarding working and career: my first few months were harder with teaching. I try to be the best teacher I can be given my illness
14. People would be surprised to know: I react to exercise, especially outdoor activities
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: not being able to be as active as I was before
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: lose weight (working on that daily!)
17. The commercials about my illness: don't exist
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: going out with friends
19. It was really hard to have to give up: riding my bike 
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: jigsaw puzzles on my iPad 
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: go to DisneyWorld and Universal Studios (I love Harry Potter!!)
22. My illness has taught me: life is unpredictable 
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: when will you get better?
24. But I love it when people: ask how I'm feeling TODAY, every day is different
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: find a doctor who listens and understands what you're going through
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how it takes over all the aspects of your life
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: let me know they were praying for me
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: people need to be informed so they can help their friends and family
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: loved


Comments