Tendons, Anaphylaxis, and Wicked, Oh My!

It's been a crazy week. 

Started the week out at my regular doctor for a lump/swelling near the top of my foot/ankle. He had no clue what it could be. Just said to watch it. It would hurt occasionally and change size every so often. Decided to ask my allergy doc at my Xolair appointment on Thursday and to text a friend that is an orthopedist. I was certainly hoping that one of the three docs would know what was wrong. Allergy doc thought it may be a cyst and recommended I ask my orthopedist. I saw him on Friday and he said it was inflammation of the (insert big medical word that starts with an A) tendon and there was possibly a cyst that goes along with the inflammation. But not a big issue. Just watch it and let him know if the pain gets worse. Glad to have an answer. 

Wednesday night was rough. I've been super sensitive to smells lately. Perfumes, cleaners, lotions, and "hanitizers" (kindergarten word for hand sanitizer) have been causing some major flares. I bought some new lotion (not overly scented) for use in the shower. I took my shower that night and used my new lotion. Bad idea. Very bad idea. I got out of the shower and was having a hard time swallowing. Then I started gagging and almost throwing up and coughing. Benadryl was taken - didn't waste time to measure, just drank right out of the bottle. Put an ice pack on my neck and tried to calm down. I also took my nighttime meds a little early to help. Thankfully that worked and I didn't have to use my epipens. 

Last night after eating my sandwich and chips for dinner, I once again was having trouble swallowing. Ugh. It wasn't a strange, new food. It shouldn't have triggered anything. Benadryl to the rescue again! The throat swelling is tricky. I often don't think it's that bad until I take the Benadryl and realize what regular swallowing is supposed to feel like. My epipens will be relocating back to my pocket instead of my bag until this flare up time passes...

Today, my mom and I went to the Fox Theatre to see Wicked!! We've had tickets for months and got awesome fifth row seats. We saw Wicked a few years ago when it came to the Fox and loved it. I made sure I didn't eat anything that might set off a flare. I was not going to miss Wicked Today's show was amazing! The play is hilarious and if you've never seen it, you totally should! It's one of my all time faves!! Being so close made it even better. The costumes were spectacular, the actors superb, and it was an overall wonderfully Wicked afternoon!! 










Comments

  1. You are such a strong lady!!!! I don't know how you do it on a daily basis!!?? Take care of yourself. Glad y'all enjoyed Wicked!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment