The Last Resort

Tomorrow is a huge day for me! First of all, I go back to work. Goodbye summer. ;( Second of all, I start cyclosporine in the morning. It has always been my last resort in treatment options. 


But as the year mark approaches I realize that I am desperate. Desperate to remember what it's like to feel good. Desperate to see a reduction in swelling. Desperate to be free of constant pain. Desperate to lose weight. Flat out desperate. Did I mention that I'm desperate?!?! ;)

Cyclosporine is a very strong drug. It has many side effects and some scary long term risks. I will be watched and monitored very closely while I'm on it. I am going to try a 4-week round this first time. If it works well, I should see some resolution of my symptoms this week! And then would begin weaning off of the 14 prescriptions that I take daily. 


Immunosuppressants are sometimes used in the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Angioedema. I have an "atypical" case and need to try this route to see if I can get some relief. 

A classroom full of gooey kindergarteners isn't ideal for staying away from germs. I'm going to implement a serious obsession with "hanitizer" (what the kids call hand sanitizer). My mom and I spent some time this weekend scrubbing the little chairs that my friends will sit in on Friday. 

It was a feat to shove all 24 chairs in my car. 


Then the scrubbing began!


Drying in the sunshine. 


Look at the nasty water that was left behind! Yuck! 


The clean chairs were returned to their home this afternoon. I got a few more things accomplished while I was at school. Ready to meet my new kindergarten friends!!

Some prayer requests for this week: please pray that the cyclosporine works and I don't have detrimental side effects, pray for my school (students, parents, teachers, staff) as a new school year begins, and pray that I don't let the stress of going back to work get to me. Stress is a bad trigger for the swelling. Thank you!!









Comments

  1. Unfortunately, stress is always a "bug a boo!". You can do this!! Hopefully, you won't experience any of the side effects!! I will be praying for you and everyone around you!! Stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you to get relief and that your "gooey kindergarteners" (I love that term! ) leave their germs at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment