Welcome back, Gluten!

Gluten-free is not making any difference for me, so tomorrow I'll start back eating what I can (based on reactions and weight watchers)! Gluten-free isn't easy or cheap. Gluten is hidden in almost all processed foods and the gluten-free options are very pricey. I did discover that all Chex cereals are gluten-free. And then I discovered that I reacted to the Rice and Chocolate ones. I knew to avoid the Honey Nut and Cinnamon ones, but the others were a bit of a surprise. Basically, gluten-free for me meant egg whites, natural turkey, and a lot of corn Chex. 

In other news, got my rib popped back in tonight. About two years ago I popped a rib out doing some squats with weights and it probably was also associated with a bike crash that I had earlier. I didn't know that was what I had done until a few months later when I ended up at physical therapy. Actually, I didn't even know that ribs could pop out. And it hurts when they get popped back in. The crunching sound is creepy. It's been about 3-4 months since I've gotten the ribs popped back in. I'm going to try to stay on top of the ribs again and try to not have them pop back out. Who knew that rib injuries are such a pain!?!?

Been working on my paperwork for my Vanderbilt appointment. It has made me think more about what has happened over the past year. I went back through the pictures in my phone of all my selfies. It's sad. The person in them looks miserable. Swollen, red, and tired. These days I'm still swollen and tired, but a little less red. 


This is the very first day of my long journey. I was suffering some lingering symptoms of anaphylaxis from the grass cutting episode at school. I was at a meeting at Shorter for my student teacher and was waiting for my allergy doctor to call me back with some suggestions on what to take. I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me what I'd have to deal with over the next 11 months. It's been a long, tiring journey. I'm just ready for it to be over and get back to being myself. 



Comments

Post a Comment