A Nice Distraction

For the past 15+ years, today (Father's Day) has been a hard day for me. This is due to a broken relationship with my dad. Going to church to hear the typical Father's Day sermon, seeing other people with their dads, and seeing facebook posts dedicated to wonderful dads have always made this day difficult. I avoid social media at all costs today. Which is not normal for me, I'm slightly addicted to Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. ;)

Last year, my mom decided to make the day about something other than dads. It's my day! It's Katie Day. It's helps to take my mind off a difficult situation. 


Of course, any holiday requires cake! Still white cake and white icing hoping to not anger the Unicorns. 

The day was nice and relaxing. Working on a puzzle, napping, and watching the last two Harry Potter movies!! Houdini wasn't really a fan of movie time. 


He's more of a napping kind of guy. While I'm on the subject of Houdini, he lost another pound! Down to 14 pounds! He's looking so skinny and he's a lot happier. Yay for "no carb" cat diets! 

Received my paperwork for my Vanderbilt appointment yesterday. I'll be on the phone in the morning with them and my insurance (insert eye roll here) tomorrow to hopefully confirm coverage for that appointment. I'm praying it goes well, insurance has been a bit of a nightmare this year and the Unicorns don't help it either. 


Comments

Post a Comment