Farewell First Grade!

A cold 44 degrees in May on field day, only in Georgia! It turned out to be a gorgeous day to be outside (minus the few coughing fits and extra doses of Benadryl)! We had a blast participating in many different games. 
One of their favorites was tug-o-war. The girls beat the boys 2 out of 3 times!
We ended our last day in our room dancing to Just Dance on the smartboard. Sad to see this sweet bunch go to second grade...they made me smile, laugh, and cry through some of the toughest times in my life. 

There were definitely mixed emotions today. We have coworkers leaving, kids moving, and 6th graders going to middle school. One particular 6th grader holds a soft spot in my heart. My first year she was in my kindergarten class. She gave me a run for my money!! But I'm glad that she's stayed at our school until middle school. It's nice to see them grow up each year. She was upset after school about leaving to go to middle school. For our kids, school is a stable place in their often unstable lives. It must be hard to leave such stability behind. 

I also had a surprise visit from another former kindergartener who will be going into 8th grade next year. I was so glad that she came back to visit. They grow up so fast! 

I love my job! Hello summer!! 



Comments